“The more grateful I am, the more beauty I see.” – Mary Davis
I realized today that it’s been a hot minute since I sat down and made a gratitude list. It’s certainly not for lack of content. But here are just a few things on my mind.
- Flowers. Flowers. Flowers. Right now the blooming cycle is pointing towards the irises, but the peonies are just starting to emerge as well. And I am here for it.
- Finnegan — and his love of flowers that rivals mine.
- Life’s little love notes that appear in the form of random heart sightings all over the place. I seem to be spotting a lot of them these days. Makes me smile every time.
- A healthy body, limbs, lungs and heart that allows me to walk or run on the regular — affording me all the flower and heart sightings I can handle.
- Stacks of unread books around my house that I’m starting to dive into. The ability to read and the possibility for adventures between the pages are such gifts.
- Daily texts from my kids and how much they make me laugh.
- Grape Kool-Aid.
- Paw print keepsakes from our vet’s office that allow us to always have a little bit of our Murphy with us. Saying good-bye after 18 and a half years was brutal, but the compassion our vet’s office showed us was nothing short of amazing.
- Rediscovering old music in my iTunes and creating a new playlist. So much nostalgia and so much fun.
- More light and longer days. It just makes it so much easier to get things accomplished when the sun is so generous.
There are so many more things to add to my gratitude list – these are just highlights. Some I’ll just hang onto in my heart.