Closing out the weekend and preparing for the new week with a gratitude check. Thanks to this weekend, I’m grateful for:
- Two strong runs — even in this unreasonable heat (above photo was taken during today’s run)
- Almost a full day spent with my younger son — and the fact that he still enjoys hanging out with with his mom
- An afternoon spent at the neighborhood pool — and the triumph of not letting self-consciousness get in the way of doing so
- Knocking out some chores that I’ve been putting off
- Air conditioning
- Half-marathon training with a running partner and accountability buddy. This is new for me and I must say that it makes training soooo much easier.
- Answered prayer
- A really good book
- Daily communication with both of my boys
- Did I mention air conditioning?
- Feeling the benefits of building healthier eating habits
- Fresh cherries and other summer produce offerings
- Texts from my older son with examples of his latest creative work
- My hometown and all of its amazing offerings — especially Forest Park (shown above)
- “I saw this and thought of you” texts from friends
- And…. air conditioning
Wishing everyone a wonderful and blessed week.