WordPress reminded me yesterday that I first posted with them 11 years ago. Prior to moving over to this platform, I’d blogged somewhere else under a different title. In all, I’ve been blogging for 14 years.
Some more diligently than others, but 14 years.
I briefly scrolled through my first posts and I started thinking about how much has changed since then. Conclusion? I’m not the same person. Not by a long shot. In fact, some of the most important things in my life today were unfamiliar back then.
It was 2008 and:
- I hadn’t begun running yet. In the 14 years since, I’ve trained for and completed two full marathons and more than a dozen half marathons.
- I wasn’t a baker. I’ve since learned to decorate cookies, made my younger son’s wedding cake and found one of my life’s greatest joys.
- I didn’t have a master’s degree and my kids hadn’t graduated from high school. Now all three of us have our master’s degrees.
- I didn’t own a decent camera and I really didn’t take photos. Now…well…you know.
- I didn’t hike.
- I didn’t belong to the same church.
- I didn’t own a dog.
- I didn’t frequent the park where these photos were taken.
The list goes on.
But as much as things have changed, much has remained the same: My kids are still the center of my universe. My parents’ love for us is still unwavering. My best friend still supports me tirelessly and makes me laugh. I work for the same company to pay the bills. I love to travel. I live at the same address. I am still inspired by beauty, art, and nature. I am still blessed beyond reason.
Now I’m really anxious to see what year 15 brings.
3 Comments Add yours
The more things change, the more things stay the same.
I will always support you and love you! You are one of the absolute BEST people I know! ❤️❤️
Reading this post – wow! So much has changed. It goes by in the blink of an eye, doesn’t it?
You have accomplished so much and have such a full life. So much for you to be proud of!
Love you bunches!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I am so very thankful for you every single day! I just don’t know what I’d do without you! Thank you for for being YOU and for blessing me and everyone around you!!