“Gratitude is one of the sweet shortcuts to finding peace of mind and happiness inside. No matter what is going on outside of us, there’s always something we could be grateful for.” – Barry Neil Kaufman, writer
I just realized that it’s been awhile since I’ve put together a gratitude list. Lately I’ve let outside stuff and stress prevent me from paying attention to the good things. So here goes.
– Waking up and going to sleep with very loud kitty purrs by my head.
– Fresh flowers that last for weeks rather than days.
– Karen Carpenter tunes on the radio, filling the car with that incomparable voice and the feeling of warm sunshine and a cool breeze spilling on your cheeks all at once.
– Late afternoon daylight that’s lingering a few minutes more every day, turning my drive home into pinkish-orange light shows.
– A brand new baking magazine with gorgeous photos and inspiring recipes — and the belief that I can really make some of them.
– Sparkling pieces of vintage jewelry and all kinds of ideas for repurposing them.
– A really good cry that cleanses and relieves the soul.
– Rainy mornings that give way to beautiful afternoons.
– Unexpected signs of love like the one I spotted in the carpet when I visited my late aunt’s house the past weekend.
– Daily texts from my both of my kids with news from their respective areas of interest — sports for Drew, music for Tanner.
– Revisiting memories of treasured friends.
– Knowing where and what I need to improve, but allowing myself to feel good about how far I’ve come.
– Having enough.