Below is a little gem I found on twitter today:
I am thankful for…
– the taxes I pay because it means that I am employed.
– The clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat.
– My shadow who watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine.
– A lawn that has to be mowed, windows that have to be washed and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.*
– The spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking.
– All of the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.**
– The lady behind me in church who sings off key because it means that I can hear.
– The huge piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby.
– The alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means I am alive.
* I am also thankful for sneaky little rodents who steal our birdseed in the backyard of our home because it means that I get super cute photo opportunities.
** In the interest of full disclosure, I’ll admit that it takes a lot of effort for me to be thankful for this one. If I could rewrite or amend this, I’d say “all the complaining I read about our government on Facebook because it means that I have friends.”